Washing Coconut Oil From Hair With Rhassoul
My regular shampoo has been retired for a good part of this year. I have been exploring alternative hair and scalp cleansing methods and ingredients. Even though this (surprisingly lengthy) exercise has meant paring back to the barest of basics, there have been been strict requirements.
Each explored method had to pass muster in several areas to achieve 'shampoo-replacement-approval':
- effectiveness as a cleanser
- gentleness on skin and hair
- ease of preparation and use
- effectiveness in removing coconut oil pre-shampoo conditioning treatment
Rhassoul has been an absolute champ and passed every test with flying colors.
Today, I'm going to share my preferred method for washing out a 'pre-shampoo' coconut oil treatment with a rhassoul instant hair wash (links below).
Important Coconut Oil Applying TipWhen applying coconut oil to your (dry!) hair, use just enough to 'saturate' the hair, but not so much that you experience dripping. For short hair, a teaspoon of oil will do. Work the oil through to the tips. Give your scalp a light massage to distribute the oil evenly. Your hair should look 'slightly wet' (like the photo above). Let the oil sit for 10-30 minutes.
Meantime, prepare your instant rhassoul hair wash mixture. When you're ready to wash your hair, step into the shower. (There is a bit of dripping involved, so you're going to want to be in a shower. You're welcome.)
How to Remove Pre-Shampoo Coconut Oil With Rhassoul
- Apply the rhassoul mixture directly to the scalp and hair WITHOUT WETTING IT FIRST. Use the entire portion, adding a little at a time and working each addition into your hair
- Massage your scalp (just as you would if you were shampooing your hair)
- Let the mixture for 2-5 minutes
- Rinse hair thoroughly
- Dry and style hair as usual
A squeak test on your hair should reveal it is beautifully cleansed. I'm also willing to bet you will be utterly pleased with how silky soft your hair feels when it is dry.
Do TellIf you try this method, I'd love to hear how it works for you. Please feel free to leave a comment below.
More About Rhassoul on This BlogAbout Rhassoul
Rhassoul Instant Hair Wash
Rhassoul Quick and Easy Packets
How to Hair Mask
Scalp Soothing Mask with Rhassoul
How to Face Mask with Rhassoul