- the phenomenal way it makes my hair feel and behave
- how ridiculously easy it is to do
There are nothing but bonuses to be had from applying virgin coconut oil to hair. It doesn't matter whether your hair is dry, greasy, or normal, kinky, curly, or straight as a board – coconut oil loves hair – all kinds.
If you want details about why it's so fab, please visit this post about the benefits of coconut oil.
Meantime, let's jump straight to this easy peasy hair treatment.
You will needHair
Coconut oil (virgin or refined)
MethodThe amount of oil will depend on your hair type – thick long curly hair obviously needs more than short fine hair. My hair is short and fine, and I use approx a tablespoon.
- Apply to dry hair and work through to tips, being sure to reach all of the hair.
- Massage scalp lightly.
- Apply shampoo (no need to wet hair first).
- Lather and rinse.
- Dry, set and style as usual.