Meet The Mask - Deep Cleansing
Deep Cleansing Rhassoul Face MaskOne of the first masks I made was with Rhassoul Clay (INCI: Moroccan Soap Clay or Moroccan Lava Clay) and it was for adult acne. Although I (happily) never suffered from acne as a teen, I had a short bout of it at the beginning of my 50's – entirely hormone-related (as acne usually is). I found this mask incredibly effective and have continued to use it long after the acne disappeared.
This is enough for one application.
You will need the following ingredients- Rhassoul Clay
- Demineralized water, hydrosol of your choice, or chamomille tea
- Sweet almond or apricot oil
- 100% pure tea tree essential oil
And the following items- small container
- smallish brush (for applying the mask)
- natural sponge (for removing the mask)
1. Put approx 2 tablespoons (about 30 ml) liquid into the small container
2. Sprinkle/add a tablespoon (about 15 gr) of the rhassoul and let it all sink into the water (do not stir until the liquid has absorbed the rhassoul)
3. Stir until you have an even mixture
4. Add 1 teaspoon (about 5 ml) sweet almond or apricot oil to the mixture
5. Add 5 drops of tea tree essential oil and stir the mixture until it is an even consistency
Now your mask mixture is ready to use.
Always start by washing your face and neck with a good cleanser, then lightly patting the skin dry. Now apply the mask with the brush, leaving the area around your eyes and lips free (very important as there is essential oil in this mixture!)
Let the mask sit about 20 minutes. Ideally, lie down and relax. The mask will start to crack as it dries, so be careful not to grimace or you'll shed little flakes of dried mud all over. (indeed, she doth from experience speak)
To removeWet the natural sponge and carefully soften and remove the mask. Rinse and repeat until the mask is completely gone.
Pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic!!) skin tonic. Finish with a good moisturizer.
Enjoy your fabulous looking new face.