How To - 2 Ingredient Body Butter with Butter and Oil
Let's make the simplest body butter on the planet! This body butter contains a mere 2 ingredients and can be put together in a flash. I used cocoa butter and almond oil for this batch, but you can use any hard butter and any oil you like.
Shall we get started?
The EquipmentYou'll need:
- Heatproof (preferrably glass) container
- Stirring rod
- Container for your body butter
- Scale that measures accurately
THE FORMULAThis formula is incredibly basic and super easy to remember.
- 50% hard butter (check this post for an overview of butters)
- 50% oil
To make a single jar like the one pictured above (65ml):
- 25 grams cocoa butter
- 25 grams almond oil
- 2 drops vitamin e (optional, but wise)
- 12 drops essential oil of choice (optional, but fun)
- Weigh out the oil by placing a heatproof glass container on the scale and pouring until the scale shows 25 grams (see how easy it is to measure out oil by weight?)
- Weigh out 25 grams of cocoa butter and add to the oil
- Add the vitamin e
- Place the container on the heat source (or in a water bath) and melt SLOWLY over LOW heat, stirring occasionally
- As soon as the cocoa butter has melted, remove it from the heat
- If you want to include essential oils, now is the time
- Pour into container
- Place the container in the refrigerator to set
The mixture will set in about 30 minutes and will stay solid at room temperature.
When I write room temperature, I am referring to 19°-22° C / 66° - 71° F.
There you have it - your body butter is ready to soothe and smoothe your hands, heels, elbows, lips, or any dry patches and leave your skin supple and soft.
Without essential oils, this body butter has a deliciously rich, cocoa-buttery scent.
Next up: more body butter how to's!