Melt-in Body Frappé - A New Body Butter is Born
What's in itThe ingredients list isn't very long – only 6 things:
- Organic cocoa butter (great for the skin – read more here)
- Organic shea butter (loads to offer the skin as well – read more here)
- Organic jojoba oil (which isn't really an oil, but a wax – read more here) I selected this for 3 reasons: it has a longer shelf life than many other plant-based oils, it is tolerated by even the most sensitive of skins, and I wanted a really neutral base.
- E-vitamin (the ideal antioxidant for fats and oils)
- Organic rose and lavender essential oils (to add extra soothing action that also delights the nose – and we do delight in delighting the nose).
That's it – no added preservatives because this is a water-free formula.
Production NotesHere's a peek at the creation of this product – whipped to a light and airy consistency that made it worthy of bearing the frappé title.
How Does it Work?My first tester was ready to lick it from her fingers and kept applying it and sniffing the container (very good sign!). My other testers: it's still en route to most of them. My own review: love the texture, love the melt-in-ability. The only thing I MAYBE want to tweak is the scent (and then again, maybe not)...
The Possibilities Are EndlessIf you want to make your own body butter, it's pretty easy to do. You can pare it back to the simplest of ingredients (part butter, part oil) and do a simple 'melt-and-pour' operation that will have you set and ready to butter up within an hour. A whipped butter is a bit more time consuming (but still easy peasy) This step by step tutorial can be adjusted to your own liking with the butters and oils of your choice.
And if you don't want to do your own (hey, not everybody has the time, equipment, ingredients, containers, or even desire), then you can have your very own custom-made body butter by contacting me.
Lise - thumbs up :o) :o) :o)