Discount Solution - Instant Body Lotion
During the summer months when 'the heat is on', it's often preferrable to use a lighter body lotion. Here's a quick and effective instant body lotion that you make fresh – directly on your skin – with only 3 ingredients.
If you've already invested in a good body oil from this discount solution, the cost of this beauty treatment is no more than the price of a Himalayan crystal salt bar.
|Gorgeous pink salt!|
Did She Say Himalayan Crystal Salt Bar?I did. This pink(!) rock salt from the foothills of the Himalayas contains several minerals beneficial to the skin. I've seen it marketed many places with claims of 'up to 87 minerals', but in 2003, a Bavarian consumer protection agency decided to test these claims and found only 10 minerals.
Nonetheless, for years Himalayan salt baths have been recommended for skin problems such as psoriasis as well as for general 'balancing' of the skin. And even though I haven't seen any documented test results, I think after 10+ years of regular use, I can safely say it works for me – most especially when used as described below. The added bonus: a salt bar will last for months, and isn't even very expensive.
You will need the following- Himalayan Crystal Salt Bar
- Jojoba or Sweet Almond Oil
- Hydrosol or alcohol-free skin tonic (optional, but utterly fabulous)
1. Create Liquid BaseAfter bathing/showering (while your skin is still dripping wet), moisten the Himalayan Crystal Salt Bar with water (or your hydrosol) and rub it between your hands for a few moments. The salt will dissolve slightly, creating a skin-balancing solution.
2. Apply Liquid BaseApply this solution all over your body. You will need to moisten the bar several times. Start with lower leg, moisten again for the upper leg, etc. until you have done your entire body. Tip: Do not give in to the temptation to rub the bar directly on your wet leg, arm, etc. or you will find yourself shedding salt flakes as soon as your skin dries. Continue immediately with step 3.
3. Apply OilNow it's time for the oil: You only need a few drops for each 'body part'. Put 6 - 8 drops of oil in the palm of your hand. Rub your palms together quickly and apply to lower leg. Repeat and apply to upper leg, etc until you have done your entire body. The mix of the salt solution along with the oil will leave your skin moisturized, soft, and supple and should last all day.
Not Quite as Discount, But Maybe Worth itIf you're looking to fancy it up and really pamper your skin, replace the water with pure hydrosol (or a hydrosol-based, alcohol-free skin tonic or drench). You'll experience a fragrant boost as well as extra moisturizing action. Pure summer luxury!
PS: Contrary to what the picture of the salt bar may suggest, I do not sell Himalayan Crystal Salt Bars (any more).
PPS: Be careful not to drop the salt bar. It will shatter into pieces with seriously sharp edges that you can cut yourself on.
PPPS: OK, now I'm done with the PS's