Meet The Mask - Calming Chamomile and Clay
Australian Beige Superfine Clay is great for normal skin. I've mixed it with white clay (good for sensitive skin) for this mask, but you can use whichever clay suits your skin type. This mask is great for distressed skin.
The honey brings added benefits: toning and moisturizing. If you are able to get hold of chamomile hydrosol, not only will the effect of this mask be greater than with any of the other liquids, but the apple-like scent is a soothing experience.
The following is enough for one application, made fresh and used immediately.
- Ionized White Clay and/or Australian Beige Superfine Clay
- Demineralized water, chamomile hydrosol, or chamomile tea
- Raw honey
- small container
- smallish brush (for applying )
- natural sponge (for removing)
- Put approx 2 tablespoons (about 30 ml) liquid into the small container
- Sprinkle/add a tablespoon + a teaspoon (about 25 gr) of the clay and let it all sink into the water (to avoid lumps: do not stir until the liquid has absorbed the clay)
- Stir until you have an even mixture. If necessary, add liquid or clay to adjust to your desired texture. This mask works better if it can be applied in a thickish layer, so don't make the mixture too runny.
- Add 1 teaspoon honey and stir until evenly distributed
- Wash your face and neck, then lightly patting the skin dry.
- Apply the mask with the brush in a thick layer, leaving the area around your eyes and lips free.
- Let the mask sit about 10-15 minutes. Ideally, lie down and relax.
- The mask will form a semi-clear 'film' and start to feel taut and a bit rubbery as it dries, but if you have applied a thick enough layer, it should stay relatively soft and pliable.
- Do not allow the mask to dry on your skin.
- Wet the natural sponge and carefully soften and remove the mask.
- Rinse and repeat until the mask is completely gone. Pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic) skin tonic or spritz your face with a skin mist.
- Finish with a good moisturizer or a light application of face oil
- Enjoy your beautiful skin