Meet The Mask - 10 Minute Lavender Detox
White Clay (kaolin) is a great 'basic clay' for all skin types – even sensitive. If you have cosmetic grade kaolin on hand, you're all set to go.
Combine it with lavender for a purifying and detoxifying mask that leaves your skin feeling toned and fresh.
I know this mixture is super purple, but I made it with a white clay that had been tinted with manganese blue – just for fun.
- White Clay (kaolin)
- Demineralized water, lavender floral water or lavender hydrosol
- Sweet almond oil
- 100% pure lavendar essential oil
- small container
- smallish brush (for applying the mask)
- natural sponge (for removing the mask)
- Put approx 2 tablespoons (about 30 ml) liquid into the small container
- Sprinkle/add a tablespoon + a teaspoon (about 25 gr) of the clay and let it all sink into the water (do not stir until the liquid has absorbed the clay)
- Stir until you have an even mixture. If necessary, add liquid or clay to adjust to your desired texture.
- Add 1 teaspoon (about 5 ml) sweet almond oil to the mixture
- Add 5 drops lavender essential oil and stir the mixture until it has an even consistency
ApplyingWash your face and neck with a good cleanser, then lightly patting the skin dry.
Apply the mask with the brush (or back of a teaspoon), leaving the area around your eyes and lips free.
Let the mask sit about 15-20 minutes. Ideally, lie down and relax.
When to Remove
This mask will crack a bit as it dries. Do not let it dry completely. When the mask looks a bit like the picture below (starting to dry), it's time to remove it.
Rinse and repeat until the mask is completely gone.
Pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic) skin tonic or spritz your face with a skin mist.
Finish with a good moisturizer or face oil.