DIY Single Use Herbal Body Scrubby Bags
If you have some scraps of cloth, handcrafted soap, and herbs at hand, then you are all set to make these single-use herbal body scrubby shower bags!
And to shorten that name a bit, I have dubbed them Body Bags.
(insert little giggle)
You: "This looks like it's going to be a bit laborious, Lise. Why would I want to go through so much bother to make a single use product?"
Because you know some lovely people who will appreciate it, and because you can! Every time I have popped one of these into a custom order delivery, I have gotten raves.
You want raves, don't you?
Of course you do! Raves rock!
Let's get busy!
- Sewing machine
- Muslin, cheesecloth or other suitable fabric
- Dried herbs
- Quality handcrafted soap
- Decide how big you want each bag to be and cut out the fabric.
- Start by sewing the sides and bottom shut.
- Leave one end open
- Turn the bags so the seams are on the inside
Grate the soap on the largest side of your grater.
Create Herb BlendsCreate a few combinations of your favorite herbs and place each combo in a suitable bowl-
Here's what I put in the bags you see above
Add Soap to Herbs
- Mix the grated soap in with your herbs. Check the pic below: you don't need very much soap to herbs - just enough to create a bit of herby soapiness for a single shower.
- Spoon into bags keeping in mind these are single use bags - not a lot of the mixture is required.
Sew ShutFold the top down and sew the bag shut.
If you are doing several different combos and happen to have a bit of bias tape or the likes, add a decorative edge that also indicates what the content of the bag is
TestTest one bag before sewing the rest shut to see if you are happy with the contents.
Here's a foam test for my Chamomile Jasmine Rose bag - lovely yellow sudsiness!
Single UseHere's a bag before and after use - depending on the herbs (and fabric) you use, the bag turns color.