You will need the following ingredients
- Yellow Clay
- Kaolin (white clay)
- Sandalwood hydrosol or a strong infusion of white tea
- fluid honey
- sandalwood essential oil (optional, but worth adding if you can)
And you will need the following items
- small container
- smallish brush (for applying the mask)
- natural sponge (for removing the mask)
Making The Mask
1. Put approx 1 tablespoon (about 15 ml) liquid into the small container
2. Sprinkle/add a tablespoon of the clay and let it all sink into the water (mix half and half of the 2 clays)
3. Add 1 teaspoon honey
4. (optional) Add 4 drops sandalwood essential oil
5. Stir until everything is mixed. If necessary, add liquid or clay to adjust the texture. You don't want this mask too thin.
Always start by washing your face and neck with a good cleanser, then lightly patting the skin dry. Now apply the mask with the brush in a thin layer, leaving the area around your eyes and lips free. Keep applying (2 more) layers until you have built up a semi-thick mask.
Let the mask sit about 10 minutes. Ideally, lie down and relax. This mask will stay relatively soft but will start to dry – do no not let the mask dry completely.
Wet the natural sponge and carefully soften and remove the mask. Rinse and repeat until the mask is completely gone. Pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic!!) skin tonic or spritz your face with a skin mist. Finish with a good moisturizer or a light application of face oil.
Enjoy your revitalized face and neck!
PS. If you are in Denmark, Urtegaarden has a selection of quality clays