Meet The Mask - Rhassoul Head & Hair Combo
Rhassoul (also known as Moroccan Soap Clay) is a wonderful cleanser and has multiple uses. I've used it many times as a shampoo, hair mask, face mask and all-over body wash. It never disappoints. Here's an efficient, 2-in-1 combo that will cleanse and condition your entire head. It's a good idea to 'move into the bathroom' when you start this mask, because you will need to hit the shower area to move the mask from your face to your hair. This is enough for one application for short to medium length hair (if you have long hair, you may want to double the portion).
- Rooibos tea (for medium and dark hair) or chamomile tea (for light hair) or demineralized water
- Sweet Almond Oil (or jojoba)
And you will need the following items
- small container
- smallish brush or back of teaspoon (for applying the mask)
Making The Mask
1. Put approx 3 tablespoons (about 45 ml) liquid into the small container
2. Sprinkle/add 2 tablespoons (about 30 gr) of the clay and let it all sink into the water (to avoid lumps: do not stir until the liquid has absorbed the clay)
3. Stir until you have an even mixture. If necessary, add liquid or clay to adjust to your desired texture. This mask works best if it can be applied in a thickish layer, so don't make the mixture too runny.
4. Add 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil or jojoba and stir until evenly distributed
Always start by washing your face and neck with a good cleanser, then lightly patting the skin dry. Now apply the mask with the brush or back of teaspoon in a thick layer, leaving the area around your eyes and lips free. Let the mask sit about 5-7 minutes (no longer). Do not let this mask dry (if you have made a nice thick texture, it will stay moist longer).
Removing The Mask
When you are ready to remove the mask, enter the shower and wet your hair (try not to rinse your face just yet). Now, with your hands, remove the mask little by little from your face and neck and work it into your wet hair. When you have moved all of the mask from your face, work the clay around your hair as you would a shampoo. Rinse your hair and face. Do not use shampoo or any hair conditioner products. The rhassoul and oil mixture will effectively cleanse and condition your hair. When you are finished showering, pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic!!) skin tonic or spritz your face with a skin mist. Finish with a good moisturizer or a light application of face oil. Dry and set your hair as you normally would.