Rhassoul clay is a great cleanser for all skin. Combine it with Aloe Vera and honey for a soothing, toning, cleansing mask. If you are not able to get hold of the Aloe Vera juice, make an infusion of chamomille tea. It (obviously) won't be the same, but the rhassoul and honey combo has definite benefits. This is enough for one application for face and neck.
You will need the following ingredients
- Rhassoul clay
- Aloe Vera juice
- Fluid honey
And you will need the following items
- small container
- smallish brush (for applying the mask. The back of a teaspoon can also be used)
- natural sponge (for removing the mask)
Making The Mask
1. Put approx 2 tablespoons (about 30 ml) liquid into the small container
2. Sprinkle/add a tablespoon + a teaspoon (about 25 gr) of the rhassoul clay and let it all sink into the water (to avoid lumps: do not stir until the liquid has absorbed the clay)
3. Stir until you have an even mixture. If necessary, add liquid or clay to adjust to your desired texture.
4. Add 1-2 teaspoons honey and stir until evenly distributed
Always start by washing your face and neck with a good cleanser, then lightly patting the skin dry. Now apply the mask with the brush (or back of a teaspoon), leaving the area around your eyes and lips free.
Let the mask sit about 15-20 minutes. Ideally, lie down and relax. This mask will crack a bit as it dries - but it will not flake (much). It will have a bit of a "rubbery" feel to it, due to the honey.
Wet the natural sponge and carefully soften and remove the mask. Rinse and repeat until the mask is completely gone. Pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic!!) skin tonic or spritz your face with a skin mist. Finish with a good moisturizer or face oil.