Meet The Mask - White Clay & Honey Toning Mask
White clay is great for all skin – even sensitive. Combine it with Orange Blossom and honey for a luxurious, gentle-yet-effective toning and moisturizing mask. If you are able to get hold of orange blossom hydrosol, not only will the effect of this mask be greater than with any of the other liquids, but the scent of orange blossom with honey is a positively delicious experience. This is enough for one application.
You will need the following ingredients (NOTE! be sure they are all at room temperature)
- Ionized White Clay
- Demineralized water, orange blossom hydrosol, or chamomille tea
- fluid honey
And you will need the following items
- small container
- smallish brush (for applying the mask. The back of a teaspoon can also be used)
- natural sponge (for removing the mask)
Making The Mask
1. Put approx 2 tablespoons (about 30 ml) liquid into the small container
2. Sprinkle/add a tablespoon + a teaspoon (about 25 gr) of the white clay and let it all sink into the water (to avoid lumps: do not stir until the liquid has absorbed the clay)
3. Stir until you have an even mixture. If necessary, add liquid or clay to adjust to your desired texture.
4. Add 1 teaspoon honey and stir until evenly distributed
Always start by washing your face and neck with a good cleanser, then lightly patting the skin dry. Now apply the mask with the brush (or back of a teaspoon), leaving the area around your eyes and lips free.
Let the mask sit about 15-20 minutes. Ideally, lie down and relax. (although I never lie down or relax with a mask on, I always intend to). If you make a relatively runny mixture (see the picture - this mask is quite 'see-through' in places), the mask will form a semi-clear "film" and start to feel taut as it dries.
Wet the natural sponge and carefully soften and remove the mask. Rinse and repeat until the mask is completely gone. Pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic!!) skin tonic or spritz your face with a skin mist. Finish with a good moisturizer.