Meet The Mask - Sensitive Skin
Pink clay is great for sensitive skin. Combine it with rose for a luxurious, gentle-yet-effective skin firming and rejuvination mask. This is enough for one application.
You will need the following ingredients
- Ionized Pink Clay
- Demineralized water, rose hydrosol, or chamomille tea
- Sweet almond or hazelnut oil
- 100% pure rose essential oil
And you will need the following items
- small container
- smallish brush (for applying the mask. The back of a teaspoon can also be used)
- natural sponge (for removing the mask)
Making The Mask
1. Put approx 2 tablespoons (about 30 ml) liquid into the small container
2. Sprinkle/add a tablespoon + a teaspoon (about 25 gr) of the pink clay and let it all sink into the water (do not stir until the liquid has absorbed the clay)
3. Stir until you have an even mixture. If desired, add liquid or clay to adjust to your desired texture.
4. Add 1 teaspoon (about 5 ml) sweet almond or apricot oil to the mixture
5. Add 3 drops rose essential oil (and 2 drops sandalwood if you like) and stir the mixture until it is an even consistency
Applying The Mask
|The cucumbers aren't necessary,|
but quite refreshing for the eye area.
Always start by washing your face and neck with a good cleanser, then lightly patting the skin dry. Now apply the mask with the brush (or back of a teaspoon), leaving the area around your eyes and lips free (very important as there is essential oil in this mixture!)
Let the mask sit about 20 minutes. Ideally, lie down and relax. The mask will start to crack as it dries, so be careful not to grimace or you'll shed little flakes of dried clay all over (and these will happily color your clothes and everything else they touch).
Wet the natural sponge and carefully soften and remove the mask. Rinse and repeat until the mask is completely gone. Pat your face dry and apply a (non-alcoholic!!) skin tonic or spritz your face with a skin mist. Finish with a good moisturizer.