It's summer, and we need refreshment. Let's get serious about that – with cucumbers!
In a minute, I'm going to show you how to make a super easy, refreshing, 4-ingredient mask with fresh cucumber that cleanses, cools, and tones.
But first - let me tell you why you are looking at a picture of these 2 lovely ladies – my absolute favorite cucumber suppliers – flanking a poster with this mask how-to.
Curiousity Created The Mask
After repeated purchases of larger-than-normal quantities of cucumbers, my greengrocer asked me what I was using all these cucumbers for. Even though I actually eat most of them (love cucumbers!), I couldn't help mentioning how I often used them in masks.
It wasn't long before the poster you see above with this how-to was hanging in their shop. They even hung one in the window. I provided them with small flyers so they could hand out the recipe to interested customers.
So, without further ado, here is my super quick and easy summer-skin refreshment mask - just for you!
- 1 tsp raw honey (cleanses, softens, and tones)
- 1/4 finely grated cucumber (tones, refreshes, calms)
- 1/2 tsp olive or apricot kernel oil (softens)
- white or green clay (draws out impurities)
- Place the grated cucumber in a sieve (or coffee filter) and strain the juice into a small cup. Discard (or eat) the pulp.
- Sprinkle clay into the cucumber juice - a little at a time - until the consistency is like a soft porridge.
- Add oil and honey and stir throughly.
- Wash face and neck and apply the mask with a small brush (or back of a teaspoon).
- Let the mask sit for 15 minutes (do not let the mask dry out).
- While you're enjoying the mask, you may even want to place a slice of cucumber over each eye. It tones, cools, and calms the eye area.
- Remove the mask.
- Finish with a hydrosol mist or skin tonic (without alcohol), and a few drops of face oil.
Enjoy your cool-as-a-cucumber gorgeous face!
PS. Less than an hour after the poster went up, they were almost out of cucumbers (I would like to think the cucumber mask poster could take full credit, but it may just have been a coincidence. Still, I had to mention it).
Visit my fave cucumber supplier at Solfrugt in Rødovre Centrum, Rødovre, Denmark. Husk at spørg efter maskeopskriften!
There are more summer skin care tips coming up.